What's this about?
Rails on Docker is the complete course showing you how to use Docker in the development, testing and deployment of your Ruby on Rails apps.
Through the Rails on Docker course, you'll learn:
- What Docker is, why you should use it, and how to get started with Docker and Docker Compose.
- How to use Docker to simplify your development workflow (and make development across teams easy) by building a complete Rails application from scratch.
- How you can use Docker to split your app's various services into multiple containers and services.
- How Docker simplifies Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD), and helps ensure you have development, test and production environment parity.
- How you can use Github Actions to build a CI/CD pipeline.
- How to deploy your Docker-based app into a production environment (Digital Ocean App Platform), with scheduled (cron) jobs, asset hosting, and more.
- How you can design your apps around “disposable infrastructure” to let you quickly run your apps anywhere, and scale to any size.
After working through this course, you'll be ready to migrate your own Rails apps to Docker, consolidate your development environment and workflows, and make deployment easy and predictable.